Friday, August 28, 2009

Gifts with meaning

I'm off to a birthday party this weekend for one of my son's friends.  Which always makes me stop to think of a way to make a gift a little more special, a little more heart-felt.  Anyone can go to the store and buy something...I like to look beyond the ordinary and find small ways to make the gifts I give to others a little more meaningful.

Here's one simple idea of a sweet and inexpensive gift idea.  Have a friend across the miles that enjoys gardening?  Sending some flower or veggie seeds (preferably seeds propagated from your own garden) makes for a very sweet, little "thinking-of-you", but want to make it just a little more special?  Make your own seed packets, using photos of the mature flower or veggies right on the front of the packet for your recipient! 

Here are some seed packets that I designed for a friend some time ago using photos of the flowers as the focal point of the packet:





...and this is what they looked like tucked into a cellophane bag and tied with a ribbon!
Ready for gift giving!


Very simple.  Very cute.
And your friend will think you're a genius :)

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!