Monday, August 31, 2009

speaking of little things



With September starting tomorrow, and the cooler weather here in PA, I'm planning to start my fall decorating.

In case you didn't know, I have a passion for collectible, fall villages. I started collecting pieces from various lines like Department 56 and Lemax about 8 years ago. I now have enough to easily decorate probably 4 or more village scenes!


But living in a small house, I try to keep them confined to just two - one in our master bedroom and one in our dining room. There's something so quaint and serene in seeing the tiny little houses aglow on a blustery fall night.



I thought you might want a little video tour to get you excited about your own fall décor plans. Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. After waking up to a 48 degree morning, and seeing all of your BEAUTIFUL fall decorations...I'm ready for Fall too!

    I'm actually taking a 5 day weekend...and I'm hoping, fall will begin to appear in my home as well.

    As always, THANKS so much for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fall decorations and with all the cool weather we are having it gets me motivated to do more of my decorating.

    But gotta ask how do you manage to keep your little guy away from it all. My little one is all touchy feely and would not leave it alone for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh too cute, have always loved the Christmas villages, must check these out because fall is my favorite season. Did a little maple flavour post and enjoying seeing what everyone is adding to the fall nesting party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do have the cutest little things.. loooove your fall stuff!!!! xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!