Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Window Boxes

It's chancy, but I went ahead a little early and started planting annuals.  I usually wait until Memorial Day here in PA, but I plant quite a bit between flower beds and our vegetable garden so I wanted to divide it up over the next few weeks to make it more manageable. 

I started this weekend with some window boxes.  It was my son's decision to choose which flowers he wanted ~ and quite honestly, I think he did a fantastic job!  He chose gorgeous, tri-colored begonias that look lit from within.  They complement the cascading petunias, lobelia and the torenia perfectly.  

Didn't they turn out so pretty? 






10 comments:

  1. Judy they are stunning, welcoming and precious all in one. Great job! Love your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Those boxes are so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Definately right on que in your creative ways. :)
    Now...if I could only get outside and get my flowers going...feeling a bit behind this year!
    thx for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are pretty and your little guy has great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely!!! Love window boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look gorgeous! I love flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Andrew!!! (and Judy) ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted window boxes on my house, but I just know I'd never water them :( I love yours and the flowers you chose are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your window boxes are gorgeous...makes me want to go out and spruce mine up a bit. I absolutely love that last photo of your son...adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I could not have created a better flower combo myself!
    Happy Anniversary, your ring is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!