Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Early fall campfires

As the temps get a little cooler...as the summer sun wanes, what better way to herald in the fall season than with evening campfires? 


The September sky is such a clear, azure with endless stars visible in the night sky.  This is the perfect time of year to enjoy a backyard campfire.  Whether it's just you and your family, or you invite over a few good friends, a campfire is sure to be a welcome sight ~ especially on a brisk fallish night.  

We have a very little fire pit that was given to us by my brother and sister-in-law. Surrounding it are a few resin adirondack chairs for me and my husband, and a little one for our son. Nearby is his wooden picnic table (I love it so much more than his plastic one!) which is perfect for holding our snack tray or reading a book by firelight.  


We tell each other {not-so}spooky stories, stargaze and study the constellations, toast marshmallows, and unwind after the hustle and bustle of the daily grind.  It's made for wonderful family time and some terrific memories!  


7 comments:

  1. We have a fire pit,too. I haven't gotten it out yet but now I really want to! Jodi sent me some Campfire Marshmallows. Have you seen those babies? HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! Your an incredible photographer:) I love campfires and burnt marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, such fun pictures; they make me smile.

    Ron and I were just looking at a firepit at Old Time Pottery over the weekend. We are thinking of getting one for our patio.

    The little picnic table is just fabulous.

    Loved all your sweet comments and your wonderful descriptions of Fall. Makes my heart skip a beat.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, just saw your sweet comment. We found out yesterday we are the victims of identify theft so right now.....I am knee deep in paperwork and mad as a wet hen. I don't often get really angry but I am right now. I cannot believe people can do this kind of junk.

    Thanks for checking on me....you are always so thoughtful.

    Hugs, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love campfires!! They are such a huge part of our outdoor living.

    The boys are making a custom fire ring for George. One with shapes cut out. Can't wait to see what that looks like with a fire roaring wildly inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had a ban on open fires this summer, so haven't been able to enjoy them much. Your pictures look so fun!! We'll have to enjoy one this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy! love your fall header! We so love crisp fall nights sitting by the fire...it's just what fall was made for:)
    What a happy litte preschooler you have, he's so cute!!
    happy fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!