Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chairback Wreaths


I wanted some extra greenery in my dining room, but I didn't want to spend much on new decorations this year.  So I came up with a simple, inexpensive way to add a little special touch at each person's placesetting:  Chairback Wreaths!  

I bought a strand of wired garland at the Dollar Store,  cut it into approximately 8, 14" lengths, wrapped each length into a wreath shape and twisted the wire to close the circle.  Then using leftover red ribbon that I had on hand, I tied simple bows onto the wreaths - tying them onto the chairs.  I slipped a sweet candy cane into the ribbon loop to finish :)

Now each guest not only has a pretty placesetting to sit by, but also a sweet treat to enjoy after dinner!

Quick Simple Cute

On another note...

While {I hope} most of you are done with your Christmas prep and planning, this mom is busy hustling and bustling!  My dining room at the moment has been turned into a cookie factory!  I'm happily baking away with the delightful scents of gingerbread, cinnamon, and chocolate wafting throughout the house.  My Kitchen Aid mixer humming away :)

I just wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for all of *you*.  I've met some of the most special people through this blog, been inspired by your endless creativity, your zest for life, cried along with your struggles, and rejoiced at your blessings.  

I hope this is your Merriest Christmas ever!   

Wishing all of you peace, joy, and love this Christmas. 
~ May your days truly be ~
Merry & Bright!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Judy!
    so glad to hear your mixer is hummin! I baked most of the afternoon. Everything delivered except one more family!
    I hope you and Tom and Andrew and the furbabies have the best Christmas ever. love, Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT creation! Love it. Enjoy your baking and have a very blessed and Merry Christmas! :)

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! Hope you had a very merry Christmas. :)

    Lauren
    www.laurensthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a new camera and now and am learning so much! I love the bokah in your photographs. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!